This pork and mushroom stir fry is made with tender pork shoulder and juicy king oyster mushrooms wok-fried in a tasty Hoisin sauce. Perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. #healthyrecipes #easymeals #stirfry #dinner #easymeals
2 tbsp garlic (sliced)
2 tbsp ginger (sliced)
400–450 g / 14.1-16 oz pork shoulder (cut into 1 in / 2 cm pieces)
400–450 g / 14.1-16 oz King oyster mushrooms (about 4 large mushrooms) ( cut into 1 in / 2 cm pieces)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
1 tsp cornstarch mixed into 1 tbsp of water
3 tbsp cooking oil
Cut both the pork shoulder and king oyster mushrooms into pieces of the same size
In a small bowl, mix hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch and water together. Set aside to use at the end.
- In a large wok, heat 3 tbsp of cooking oil over high heat.
- When oil is hot, add diced pork shoulder and cook until no longer brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate and set aside.
- In the oil remaining in the wok, add sliced ginger and garlic. Stir-fry until fragrant (about 30 sec- 1 min)
- Add diced king oyster mushrooms to garlic and ginger. Cook until golden brown. This should take 3-5 minutes depending on the heat of your wok.
- When mushrooms are brown, return pork shoulder back to the wok, add 1 tbsp of soy sauce and stir-fry with mushrooms until pork has browned. This should take 3-5 minutes depending on the heat of the wok.
- When both pork and mushrooms have browned, add sauce mixture and stir together until everything is evenly coated. Cook for a minute or so then turn off the heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with steamed rice and a nice, crispy green vegetable dish for a quick and delicious meal.
As is the rule with most things stir-fried, make sure you prep everything ahead of time and have it ready to cook. Wok cooking is fast cooking.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Main, Pork
- Method: Stir-fry
- Cuisine: Chinese, Asian
Keywords: pork, mushroom, stir-fry, Chinese, hoisin, pork shoulder, king oyster mushrooms