Make your own Thai yellow curry paste at home with a food processor with this easy recipe! A tastier alternative to bland store-bought pastes. #thaifoodrecipes #curry #easyrecipes #spice
- 2 tbsp sambal Belacan paste (Malaysian chili condiment with shrimp paste and lime, should be available in the Asian aisle of the grocery store, online, or markets catered to Asian foods)
- 3 tbsp cilantro stems
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tbsp ginger
- 3 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp shallots
- 2 stalks lemongrass (about 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp oil
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until pureed and thoroughly mixed together.
- Keep in the refrigerator in a sealed container for no more than a week or divide mixture into 3 tbsp portions and freeze in ziplock bags for longer. As paste does not contain any sugar or salt, remember to season your curry dishes with sugar and fish sauce at the end.
Cilantro stems have a milder flavor than the leaves thus giving you less of a ‘soapy’ flavor, however, you need to make sure you washed them well.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Condiment, Sauce
- Method: Puree
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: curry paste, Thai, yellow curry, Belacan, cilantro, curry, lemongrass, turmeric, ginger, garlic, shallots