These Real Deal Sesame Noodles are made to order from Chinese sesame paste, soy sauce, black vinegar, and garlic. Great for a light lunch or a meatless dinner. #sesamenoodles #Chinese #vegan #recipe
1 jar (225g) of Chinese sesame paste
500g spaghetti or any other kind of long, thin noodles
2–7 cloves of garlic (minced)
1–3 tbsp of light soy sauce
1–3 tbsp of Chinese black vinegar
1–2 tbsp of sesame oil
Chinese chili oil (optional)
Chopped cilantro/coriander (optional)
Chopped green onions (optional)
- Cook and drain noodles. Let cool.
- Mix Chinese sesame paste with equal parts water. Add the water slowly until you have reached the desired consistency. Some people like it thicker whereas others might prefer it more watery. The choice is up to you, just don’t add to much water!
- Add soy sauce to taste.
- Add Chinese black vinegar to taste.
- Add sesame oil to taste.
- Toss with Chinese chili oil, chopped cilantro/coriander, and chopped green onions. (optional).
- Serve cold with sliced cucumbers and/or your favorite Chinese pickled vegetables.
Go slow when adding the water to the sesame paste. You might find that once you have added water, it becomes drier. Just add more water until you have achieved a creamy consistency.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main, Noodles
- Method: Boiling, Mixing
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Chinese sesame noodles, spaghetti, noodles, Chinese recipes, soy sauce, black vinegar, garlic, cilantro, green onions, sesame oil, sesame noodles. vegan, vegetarian