The banana pancakes are made with a buttermilk batter so that they are soft & fluffy with extra banana, a touch of vanilla & sugar then cooked in butter. These pancakes are perfect alone. No need for extra butter or syrup. Just pick it up and eat it. #breakfast #pancakes #bananas #kidfood #familyfavorite
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter (plus more for cooking)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
- 4 ripe brown bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- handful of Macadamia nuts
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar. Mix until evenly combined.
- In a second larger mixing bowl, peel and crush two ripe brown bananas with a fork or your hands if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty. When bananas are thoroughly puréed, add two eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and buttermilk. Mix together until properly combined.
- Slowly, sift in the dry ingredients and mix together. Try not to overmix, leaving the batter thick and slightly lumpy.
- Peel and slice up two ripe brown bananas no bigger than 1 cm thick. Carefully fold into pancake batter along with a handful of Macadamia nuts (optional).
- Let batter for sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt 1-2 pats of butter on a large nonstick skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1-2 large spoonfuls of batter to skillet/frying pan and cook over medium heat until the top surface forms bubbles then flip and cook on the other side. This should take 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on the pancake size and heat of the individual stovetop.
- When cooked through and a soft golden brown on each side, remove from heat and serve. I personally don’t believe they need any extra syrup or butter, but if you prefer it with little extra something top it with that and enjoy!
No buttermilk? No problem! Just do what I always do and mix 240 ml of milk with 1 tbsp of vinegar or lemon juice, stir together and wait 10 minutes. It always gets the job done.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Breakfast, pancakes
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: banana pancakes, pancakes, banana, buttermilk pancakes, macadamia nuts, breakfast