Roasted red bell peppers seasoned with balsamic vinegar and olive oil then topped with crumbles of goat cheese and crushed honey roasted almonds. #sidedish #vegetarian #healthyrecipes #vegetables #roasted
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1–2 oz (25 – 50 g) of French Goat’s Cheese (aka chevre)
- a handful of honey roasted almonds (lightly crushed)
- 1–2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1–2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the red bell peppers. Blister peppers over high heat either over an open flame on the grill or do what I do and put it under the broiler.
- When skin has blistered and browned from the high heat, remove from heat. Wrap peppers up in a paper bag or put in a lidded container. Close up bag or container and let steam.
- When peppers are cool to the touch, remove stem, seeds inside and skin.
- Cut into quarters.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Place red pepper strips on a plate and top with crumbled chevre, crushed honey roasted almonds and a swig or two of extra virgin olive oil.
- Category: starter, side dish, vegetarian
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: side dish, roasted, vegetables, red bell peppers, vegetarian, cheese, almonds