Perfect as a side dish paired with Spanish rice, sprinkled on nachos or eaten by itself with salsa and tortilla chips, these tasty Taco Beans are easy to make and easier to devour. #sidedish #beans #TexMex #taco #easysidedish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 1 400 g / 14 oz can of Borlotti beans
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium/medium high heat, add olive oil, diced onion and minced garlic to a small/medium sized saucepan. Cook until onion is transparent.
- Wash and drain canned Borlotti beans.
- Add chicken broth, beans and taco seasoning. Stir to combine and increase heat. Bring to a boil.
- Boil for a minute or so, then reduce heat to low/medium-low and simmer at a low boil until most of the water has evaporated (should be about 5-8 minutes).
- When most of the water has evaporated, turn off heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste then transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh cilantro, sliced avocado or both.
Try not to stir the beans too much as this will most likely break them. Instead shake or swirl the pan or carefully stir with a rubber spatula.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: taco beans, beans, easy side dish, taco seasoning, Borlotti beans