Pour over your favorite pasta or use as a base to a pizza, this quick and easy tomato and fresh basil sauce is a favorite for both kids and adults. #kidfood #healthyrecipes #easymeals #pasta #pizza
- 4–6 cloves of garlic
- 2–3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 400 g (14 oz) can of stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 tsp sugar
- handful of Fresh Basil leaves (about 50 g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, add sliced garlic to olive oil and cook over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes until garlic has started to infuse into the oil. Be watchful when doing this as the garlic can burn quickly.
- Open up a can of canned tomatoes, transfer it to a bowl and crush it up with your hands as much as you can. Add to garlic and olive oil along with 1/2 cup (120 ml) of water.
- Bubble away for a minute or two until all ingredients have married together.
- Using your hands, tear up basil leaves and add to sauce.
- Stir and cook for a minute or so then add 1 tsp of sugar. Cook for an additional minute.
- Take off stove and blend together using a blender, immersion blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer back to the stove and cook for a minute or two. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Goes well over your choice of pasta or as a base for pizza.
- Category: Sauce, Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: easy, quick, pasta sauce, pizza sauce, tomato, basil, tomato sauce