A fluffy and buttery French omelette with Marsala mushrooms and tangy goat’s cheese. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. #mushrooms #omelette #cheese #breakfast #lunch #dinner
- 2–3 shallots or 1 small red onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2–3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 200 g Grey Oyster Mushrooms or whichever mushroom you prefer
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz/ 90 ml Marsala wine
- 4 eggs
- 1–2 splashes of milk
- 3–4 tbsp butter
- 3–4 oz of Goat cheese (chevre)
- sea salt and pepper
- Over medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive to a saute pan.
- When the oil is hot, add diced onion/shallot, minced garlic and thyme.
- Carefully clean mushrooms using a damp cloth or brush. Try not to wash them underwater as mushrooms retain the moisture making it difficult for them to brown properly.
- Once shallots/onions are transparent, add mushrooms and toss to combine.
- Cook until mushrooms have browned.
- Turn heat to high and add Marsala wine.
- Cook until mushrooms have taken on the flavor and color of the wine and moist of the liquid has cooked off.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from saute pan to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Over medium/medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp of butter to a saute pan.
- Cook until butter stops sizzling and becomes clarified.
- In a small bowl, beat together 2 eggs with a splash of milk and a pinch of salt.
- Add beaten egg mixture to pan. Shake the pan back and forth while swirling mixture in pan. When the mixture becomes thick and starting to stick to the pan, stop shaking/swirling.
- Turn heat to low. Add half of the mushroom mix straight down the middle then top with a sprinkling of goat cheese.
- Cover omelette and let cook until egg mixture no longer runny.
- Fold up sides of omelette.
- Carefully transfer to a plate, serve with a side salad and frites. Enjoy
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Sautéing
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: French Omelette, mushroom, cheese, breakfast, lunch, dinner