Decadent dulce de leche cupcakes topped with a strawberry and mint sauce. It’s a sexy seduction in the form of a cupcake. #desserts #sweets #cupcakes #strawberry #dulce de leche
- 500g / 2 cups dulce de leche (for instructions on how to make dulce de leche from sweet and condensed milk, go here
- 100g/ 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs (egg whites and yolks separated)
- muffin tin or medium-sized cake pan
- cupcake wrappers (optional)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- a sprig of fresh mint (about 5 leaves)
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sea salt, baking powder and flour together. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a larger bowl, combine melted butter with dulce de leche until smooth.
- Add yolks one at a time and mix until fully incorporated into the mix.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks have formed. When it resembles whipped cream and no liquid remains, you are done.
- Carefully fold in half of egg white mixture into the cake mix. When properly folded together, add remaining egg white mixture and fold together. The mixture should be fluffy and uniform in color.
- Grease muffin tin or a medium-sized cake pan with butter. If you are using cupcake wrappers, don’t grease.
- Pour mixture into muffin tins or pan and place in oven.
- For cupcakes cook for 15-20 minutes at 350F/ 175C or until it comes clean when poked with a toothpick or fork in the center. For a cake, cook 45 min – 1 hour or until the center is cooked and comes clean when poked with a toothpick or fork.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Top with your favorite frosting or sauce.
- Combine sliced strawberries, water, sugar, lemon juice and mint in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and let cook for 5 minutes. Whisk to break down the strawberries, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until you’ve reached the desired consistency. The sauce should be smooth and reduced slightly. Let cool and remove mint leaves and stems.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Desserts
Keywords: Dulce de leche, cupcakes, strawberry, mint, desserts, sweets