This healthy pasta primavera is made with a plethora of vegetables roasted with olive oil & fresh thyme then tossed in cream & bowtie pasta.#healthyrecipes #pasta #vegetables #vegetarian #easydinners #midweekmeals
- 1 head of garlic (cloves removed and stems cut off)
- 12–15 button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1–2 dozen cherry tomatoes
- a handful of fresh green beans
- 1/3 cup of peas (fresh is best but if you are in a pinch, frozen does just as well)
- 2 TBSP fresh thyme leaves
- 6–8 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g bowtie or penne pasta
- 250 ml cream
- Parmesan cheese for dusting
- a light sprinkling of finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 220 C/ 450 F.
- Wash all vegetables.
- Half the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
- Cut green beans and red bell peppers into bite-size pieces no bigger than 1 in/ 2 cm.
- Remove garlic cloves from skins and cut off the rough stems.
- Lay all vegetables (mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, green beans, peas, red bell pepper and garlic cloves) out on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, freshly cracked pepper and fresh thyme leaves. Toss to evenly coat.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to directions. You’ll want it slightly al dente so that it won’t break off and lose its shape when tossed with the sauce. ALWAYS make sure to salt the pasta water. My recommendation is 1 tbsp of sea salt per 2 liters. It should taste like salty soup.
- When pasta is cooked to your liking, drain and set aside.
- Bring cream and lemon zest to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- When bubbly, add cooked pasta and roasted veg. Make sure to include any roasting juices let over in the pan.
- Toss to combine and serve with a dusting of good cheese like fresh Parmesan or Asiago cheese.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Pasta, Vegetarian
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pasta Primavera, Vegetarian, Vegetables, pasta, easy