Creamy panna cotta made with coconut milk and cream infused with lemongrass. Served with fresh passion fruit on top, this dessert tastes sweetly tropical. #desserts #sweets #easyentertaining #pannacotta #coconut
- 400 ml (13.5 oz) heavy cream
- 200 ml (6.8 oz) coconut milk
- 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 lemongrass stalks (washed and cut lengthwise)
- 4–5 passion fruits
- Combine heavy cream, sugar and lemongrass stalks and stir together.
- Pour coconut milk into a medium-sized bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Stir together and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly bring cream mixture to a boil on low-med heat. The cream should take on the flavor of the lemongrass and the mixture should be smooth with the sugar completely dissolved.
- Gently boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass stalks. You can pick it out a fork or run it through a sieve
- Add coconut milk with gelatin mixture to the hot cream and mix well. Make sure to rub a pinch of it between your fingers to make sure it is smooth with no bits of grit.
- Pour into ramekins, small bowls or small glasses (whatever you think is a good size, about 1/2 cup).
- Cover with plastic cling film and place to cool and set in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to eat, dip the bottom half of the ramekin/bowl/glass in hot water to loosen it from the container and transfer it to a plate. (You can skip this part if you want and just eat it straight from the ramekin/bowl/or glass as I do)
- Cut open passion fruit and spoon the fruit over the panna cotta. You can use as little or as much fruit as you like. I prefer 1 passion fruit per every panna cotta serving.
- Serves 4-5. Eat and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Desserts
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: Fusion
Keywords: panna cotta, coconut, lemongrass, desserts, sweets