If you are in the mood to liven up your veggies, rice noodle dishes or sandwiches, then this is the pesto for you. Mix it with vinegar and olive oil for a nice herby vinaigrette for your salad. It’s is also perfect as a dipping sauce for veggies, seafood and spring rolls or as a spread on a sandwich.
50g fresh cilantro (about 1/2 cup packed down)
50g fresh sweet basil leaves (about 1/2 cup packed down)
50g fresh mint leaves (about 1/2 cup packed down)
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Wash and dry herbs.
- Remove mint and basil leaves from stem.
- Cut roots off of cilantro. Keep leaves and stems intact. No need to pick off leaves.
- Combine all ingredients together (except salt) and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator and let marinate for an hour before eating.