These spicy garlic chicken wings are perfectly seasoned and tender on the inside. The homemade sauce is something you are sure to crave. #chicken #wings #garlic #spicy
- 2–3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2–3 tablespoons of hot sauce (whichever is your favorite)
- 9–12 chicken wings
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of flour
- your favorite wing sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 oz (120 ml) water
- 1–2 pats of butter (cold)
- Combine the salt and sugar together and mix well then sprinkle over whole chicken wings. Place over a grate or sieve with a container underneath to catch the liquid that drains off. Chill in the refrigerator for 2-6 hours.
- Rinse the salt and sugar off the chicken with water. Drain excess moisture off the chicken and pat dry.
- If the wings are whole, cut them into flats and drumettes. Leave the tips on the flats if you’d like, otherwise cut them off and discard.
- Toss the wing parts in melted butter and hot sauce.
- Place wings tossed with butter and hot sauce into a baking tray and bake in the oven at 200C/400F for 20-30 min. You want them just slightly undercooked as you will be frying them again in oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, onion powder and garlic powder until thoroughly combined.
- Toss the baked wings in the juices of the pan and dip in the seasoned flour and cornstarch mixture. Toss until evenly coated.
- Fry in hot oil until crispy and slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oil, drain on paper towels and toss in your favorite wing sauce.
- Combine minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, salt, sugar and water.
- Mix together and heat in a saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced by half.
- Once reduced by half, turn off the heat and stir in 1-2 pats of cold butter until thoroughly combined. The sauce should thicken slightly.
- Drizzle over cooked chicken wings and toss until evenly coated.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: Chicken Wings, garlic, spicy, fried