Hearty, spicy and damn tasty, these vegan breakfast burritos are a healthy alternative to a breakfast favorite. It’s vegan-ly delicious! #vegan #vegetarian #healthyrecipes #burrito #breakfast
- 5–6 tortillas
- 3–4 king oyster mushrooms
- 1 green chile
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp bbq seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 large potato
- 1 small onion
- 1 can Borlotti beans (240g) (drained and rinsed)
- 300g (10.5 oz) silken tofu
- 3–6 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- a dash of smoked paprika
- Fresh salsa (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- your favorite vegan cheese (optional)
- Dice potato and onion into small pieces.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook on medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add the diced potato and onion.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown and soft. If you are having difficulty in softening the potatoes, add 1-2 oz of water to the frying pan and cook until water has evaporated and potatoes begin to brown.
- Clean mushrooms and cut into large chunks.
- Add to a food processor and pulse until mushrooms are in finely minced.
- In another skillet or frying pan, add 1-2 tbsp oil and heat on medium-high.
- Add minced mushrooms, tomato puree, bbq seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper and stir to combine then add the chopped green chile.
- Fry together until mixture has noticeably browned and the mixture is no longer soft and a bit chewy.
- When browned and chewy, turn the heat down to medium/medium-low, add beans and toss together until properly combined.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until beans are hot and seasoned from the spice mixture.
- Remove silken tofu from packaging and place in a colander.
- Sprinkle with salt and let the water drain from it as much as you can.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil on high heat in a non-stick frying pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the tofu along with a dash of smoked paprika and stir. The more you stir, the more likely the tofu will fall apart so don’t feel obligated to break it into piece ahead of time.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the mixture has heated through and resembles scrambled eggs.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Heat tortillas in the oven until they are warm, soft and malleable.
- Add a large spoonful of tofu followed by 1 large spoonful each of filling and hash.
- Top with salsa, avocado, hot sauce, vegan cheese or whatever else makes you happy. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Vegan, Vegetarian
- Method: saute
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: Vegan, vegetarian, burritos, healthy, breakfast