Tofu and Shitake mushrooms stir-fried with ginger and garlic then coated in a delicious soybean sauce. Serve as a side dish or as a main course. #tofu #stirfry #mushrooms #Chinesefoodrecipes #vegan #vegetarian #quickrecipes
- 3–4 large king oyster mushrooms or 10–20 shitake mushrooms
- 300g (10.5 oz) firm tofu
- 2 tbsp ginger (sliced)
- 2 tbsp garlic (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Chinese fermented soybean paste (minced)
- 2–3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut tofu and mushrooms into chunks and thinly slice both the ginger and garlic. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp Chinese fermented soybean paste, 1 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Mix together until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- In a large wok, heat 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil on high heat.
- When oil is hot, add the tofu and fry until slightly browned and crispy.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir for a minute or two until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and stir-fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes until everything is cooked and crisp.
- Add the soybean sauce mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes then remove from heat and serve.
- Category: Sides, Main, Vegetarian
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Chinese, Tofu, mushrooms, stir-fry, vegan, vegetarian