These pork tacos are marinated in garlic, lime and chile then slow-cooked in the oven to perfection and wrapped in a tortilla with fresh salsa and a tangy slaw. #tacos #pork #spicy #easymeals
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp ground red chili pepper
- 300 g-400 g (10.5–14 oz) pork topside
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- fresh salsa
- warm tortillas
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, olive oil, lime juice, and ground red chile pepper and set aside.
- Season the pork on both sides with a sprinkling of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Coat pork on both sides with the garlic and lime spice mixture.
- Cover or put in a ziplock bag and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- When pork is ready, heat oven to 175C/350F.
- Place in a baking tray and cook in the oven for 45 min-1 hour or until internal temperature has reach 145F/63C. When fully cooked, take out the pork and let rest for 5-10 minutes then thinly slice.
- While pork is cooking, thinly slice cabbage and toss in lemon juice or vinegar, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- For assembly, place 2-3 pork slices in a corn tortilla alongside a sprinkling of cabbage and salsa. Enjoy!
- Category: Tacos, Pork
- Method: slow roasting
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Tacos, pork, spicy, garlic, lime, chili