A Delicious Soju cocktail
What is soju?
Soju is the preferred alcoholic drink of choice for Koreans. It can best be described as part rice wine as it is traditionally made from rice and part vodka with its high percentage of alcohol and neutral taste. This alcohol can be found anywhere and everywhere in South Korea and no meal or outdoor excursion is complete without it.
I’ve seen Koreans throwback straight soju while feasting on some delicious Korean BBQs. People imbibe on the spirit whilst out on weekend mountain climbing trips, river rafting and in pretty much any other activity that expresses their love of the outdoors. This includes passing out on the sidewalks. Hey, it’s still outside and yes, that does happen a lot…
A delicious and refreshing soju cocktail made with green tea syrup and a squeeze of lemon. It just might become your new favorite boozy iced tea! #cocktails #recipes #drinks #tea #soju #lemon
- 1 part green tea syrup **(recipe down below)
- 2 parts soju
- lemon slices
- 4 tea bags of jasmine green tea
- 0.5L (a little over 2 cups) water
- 100g (about 1/2 cup) sugar
- Combine 1 part green tea syrup with 2 parts of soju. Stir thoroughly and add ice. Garnish with lemon slices. 건배! (geonbae!)
- Combine the ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan and let simmer for 10 min.
- Run through a sieve and let cool.
- Cover and refrigerate after making.
- The green tea syrup can be used for cocktails (alcoholic and nonalcoholic), drizzled over fruit or shaved ice and other desserts.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: boiling
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: Soju, green tea, lemon, cocktails, drinks, alcohol
If you are smitten with this recipe, learn how to make The Secret to the Perfect Mojito Cocktail