Fluffy blueberry buttermilk pancakes brightened up with lemon and ginger. Make your morning a little sunnier and tastier with this breakfast recipe! #breakfast #pancakes #blueberry #lemon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1–2 handfuls of blueberries (about 125 g)
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together.
- Next, add the buttermilk, egg, honey, melted butter, lemon zest and ginger and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and let sit for 5-10 minutes. After 5-10 minutes, the batter should be slightly bubbly.
- Heat a tablespoon or so of butter or oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium/medium-low heat.
- Add a large spoonful of pancake batter to the pan and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Remove from heat and serve with a dab of butter and drizzle of honey.
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand like I sometimes do, no problem! Just mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar with 1 cup of milk, stir together and wait 10 minutes. It’s a great buttermilk substitute if you ever find yourself suddenly in need.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: pan frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blueberry Pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, blueberries, lemon, ginger, breakfast,