Soft and salty beef liver with all the good stuff- soy, garlic, ginger, Szechuan spice and chili. You won’t complain about this liver and onions dish! #beef #stirfry #Chinesefoodrecipes #quickrecipes #easymeals
- 400 g (14 oz) beef liver
- milk (enough to soak liver in)
- 1 tbsp ginger (sliced)
- 1 tbsp garlic (sliced)
- 1/2 tbsp Szechuan peppercorns
- 2–3 leaks (sliced)
- 1–2 finger chilis (thinly sliced)
- 2–3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Clean beef liver, cut away any discolored parts and let soak in milk overnight in the refrigerator.
- Wash off milk and cut into thin slices.
- Season with sea salt and dredge in cornstarch.
- Heat oil in large wok over medium high heat.
- Add Szechuan peppercorns and cook until peppercorns have infused into the oil. Remove with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Turn heat to high and add liver.
- Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Be careful not to overcook the liver as it has a tendency to get tough.
- Remove from heat and set aside on a plate nearby.
- Next, add garlic, ginger and chilies.
- Stir-fry together for a minute or so until fragrant.
- Add chopped leeks and fry for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- Add cooked livers and stir-fry together.
- Add soy sauce, stir together and cook for a minute or so until everything is evenly coated.
- Remove from wok and serve hot. Enjoy!
- Category: Beef Liver
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: beef, liver, stir-fry, liver and onions, Szechuan, leeks, chili peppers