A simple pork stir-fry packed with the punch of pickled daikon. A mouth full of flavor with each and every bite. #pork #stirfry #pickled #Chinesefoodrecipes
- Pickled Daikon (see recipe below)
- 1 tbsp sliced ginger
- 1 tbsp sliced garlic
- 300 g lean pork
- 2–3 tbsp oil
- 6 scallion stalks (white parts finely chopped, green parts cut into longer strips about 1in/2cm long)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 150 ml (about 5 oz) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ginger (crushed)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tsp red chili pepper powder
- 3 cups (450 g) daikon (thinly sliced)
- Wash and peel daikon, cut off stem.
- Cut in half lengthwise then slice into thin half-circles.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, ginger, garlic and chile powder in a small saucepan.
- Stir together and gently heat to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes. Let cool.
- Add to sliced daikon, toss together and transfer to a covered container or ziplock bag.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight , allowing it to pickle.
- Using a sieve or colander, drain the pickled radish from the vinegar.
- Remove ginger and garlic from the radish slices as well and discard.
- Cut the pork into thin but wide slices.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- If you prefer a more tender pork, add a dash or two of meat tenderizer with a splash of water (or beer, as I do). Mix together and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- In a wok on high heat, add 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- Add sliced ginger and slice garlic and stir continuously to allow the ginger and garlic to infuse into the oil but not burn (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add sliced pork and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Next, add drain pickled radish and stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes or until radish is cooked but still crisp.
- In the last stages of cooking, add the green scallion parts and stir together.
- Cook for a minute then turn off heat and add the diced white parts of the scallions as a garnish. Serve with rice and enjoy!
- Category: Pork
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Pork Stir-Fry, pickled daikon, pork, Chinese