Strips of pork loin stir-fried with homemade tangy pickled white radish (daikon). A quick and simple stir-fry recipe that packs a punch with each and every bite. #pork #stirfry #pickled #Chinesefoodrecipes #veg
Pickled Daikon (see recipe below)
1 tbsp sliced ginger
1 tbsp sliced garlic
300 g (10.5 oz )pork loin
2–3 tbsp oil
6 scallion stalks (white parts finely chopped, green parts cut into long strips about 1in/2cm long)
1 tbsp soy sauce
150 ml (about 5 oz) rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp ginger (crushed)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 tsp red chili pepper powder
3 cups (450 g) daikon (thinly sliced)
- Wash and peel daikon, cut off the stem.
- Cut in half lengthwise then slice into thin half-circles.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, ginger, garlic and chile powder in a small saucepan.
- Stir together and gently heat to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes. Let cool.
- Add to sliced daikon, toss together and transfer to a covered container or ziplock bag.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight , allowing it to pickle.
- Using a sieve or colander, drain the pickled radish from the vinegar.
- Remove ginger and garlic from the radish slices as well and discard.
- Cut the pork into thin but wide slices.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- If you prefer more tender pork, add a dash or two of meat tenderizer with a splash of water (or beer, as I do). Mix together and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- In a wok on high heat, add 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- Add sliced ginger and sliced garlic and stir continuously to allow the ginger and garlic to infuse into the oil but not burn (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add sliced pork and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Next, add drain pickled radish and stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes or until radish is cooked but still crisp.
- In the last stages of cooking, add the green scallion parts and stir together.
- Cook for a minute then turn off the heat and add the diced white parts of the scallions as a garnish. Serve with rice and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Pork
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Pork Stir-Fry, pickled daikon, pork, Chinese, stir-fry, white radish