Homemade is best made. Made with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, onion and garlic, this fresh salsa is layered in flavor and spice. #spicy #salsa #healthyrecipes
- 4 red ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 5–6 cloves garlic
- 1–2 cup cilantro (depending on taste preference)
- 1–2 tbsp fresh lime juice (depending on taste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp Mexican chile powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeño slices
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, jalapeño and spices together and blend until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Season with lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a covered container and place in the refrigerator for a least an hour to allow all the flavors to marry together then serve.
- If you’re like me and prefer a chunkier salsa, you can always make this salsa by hand by roughly chopping up the tomatoes and cilantro, dicing the onions, mincing the garlic and jalapeños then mixing it all together with the spices, lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Category: vegetable, sides
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: tomatoes, salsa, cilantro, fresh, healthy recipes, spicy