Hoki poached in Thai yellow curry with potatoes and bell peppers. Easy to throw together for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. #curry #thai #fish #seafood #easydinners #midweekmeals #quickrecipes
- 6 tbsp Thai yellow curry paste (use your favorite curry paste or try mine)
- 600ml/2.5 cups water
- 400 ml/13.5oz coconut milk
- 1 medium potato (peeled and diced into 2cm/1in cubes)
- 300–350g/10.5-12oz boneless fillets of firm white fish such as Hoki (blue grenadier) or hake
- 1 small red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 small yellow pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1–3 tsp fish sauce (season to taste)
- 1–3 tsp sugar (season to taste)
- chopped scallions or cilantro for garnishing (optional)
- Combine curry paste, water and coconut milk in a large skillet or wok.
- Bring to a boil and add chopped potatoes. Reduce heat to a medium simmer and let cook for 5 min.
- Next, add fish to the curry and let cook on a medium simmer for 5-10 min or until fish has cooked through but it not falling apart.
- Add thinly sliced strips of bell peppers to the curry mix and cook for 1-2 min. The bell peppers should be halfway between raw and cooked with a bit of a crunch to them.
- Take off heat, garnish with either scallions, cilantro or a mixture of both. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Fish
- Method: simmering
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai Yellow Curry, fish, hoki, curry, thai curry, quick recipes, potatoes, coconut