This is curried coconut chicken soup is spiced up with Thai yellow curry, ginger and garlic. Served over noodles with fresh coriander. A spicy noodle soup for those under the weather. #soup #noodles #chicken #asianrecipes #curry
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 L chicken broth
- 5 cm -7 cm/2-3 in ginger (peeled and sliced)
- 5–7 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste (use whichever is your favorite or try mine)
- 200 ml/6.8 oz coconut milk
- 1–3 tsp fish sauce (to taste)
- 1–3 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice (to taste)
- 1–3 tsp sugar (to taste)
- peanuts (crushed)
- chopped red chilis (optional)
- fresh egg noodles or cooked rice noodles
- In a large pot, boil 2 liters of chicken broth with ginger, crushed garlic, sliced shallots and chicken thighs.
- Bring to a boil then turn down the heat, partially cover and cook on a medium simmer for 30 min.
- When chicken thighs are cooked, turn off the heat and remove chicken thighs. Set aside and allow both broth and chicken to cool.
- Once cool, shred the chicken and set aside for later.
- Puree the broth using a hand blender or regular blender.
- Return to stove and heat on medium flame.
- Add yellow curry paste and coconut milk then cook on a medium simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce to taste.
- Spoon broth over cooked freshly made egg noodles.
- Garnish on top with shredded chicken, crushed peanuts and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro.
- Add a dash of chili oil or chopped red chilis if you are feeling spicy.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Soup, Noodles
- Method: simmering
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Chicken, soup, noodles, Thai yellow curry, Asian recipes