Obsessed with Spring Rolls
I don’t know about you but I sometimes go through food phases where I get an idea in my head and become obsessed with finding the perfect recipe for it. I’ve gone through biscuit phases, salsa phases, brownie phases, Mac n’ cheese phases, and the list goes on.
One of my favorite phases, however, was my spring roll phase where I discovered that ANYTHING could go into those little frozen wrappers that I buy at the store. I’ve made Spanakopita spring rolls, chicken bacon ranch spring rolls, Vietnamese prawn and pork spring rolls, loaded potato spring rolls, you name it.
I had to admit it though that my all-time FAVORITE ingredient mix was always bacon, Brie and green chili. The saltiness of the bacon pairs well with the creamy Brie and the tang of green chilies finishes it off perfectly. These spring rolls are great as an easy appetizer/starter when entertaining or make them ahead of time and pop them in the freezer for those times when you want to indulge in a tasty snack.
Bacon, Brie and Green Chili Spring Rolls
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16-18 spring rolls 1x
These crispy brie, green chili and bacon spring rolls are great for entertaining and snacking. Can be made ahead of time and frozen until ready to cook. #springrolls #bacon #cheese #spicyrecipes #easyentertaining
- 36–40 Spring roll wrappers (125 x125 mm/5 in x 5 in)
- 9 slices of bacon (cut in half)
- 125 g/4.5 oz brie (cut into 3 cm length, 0.5 cm in width)
- 198 g/7 oz can of chopped green chilis
- water (a small bowl)
- oil for light frying
- Carefully peel the spring roll wrappers from one another and place them on a dry and even surface.
- Lightly sprinkle the wrappers with water using the tips of your fingertips.
- In the bottom corner of the wrapper, place bacon diagonally, followed by a slice of brie atop and lastly a teaspoon of chopped green chiles on top.
- Fold wrapper corner up onto mixture and roll over.
- Tuck the wrapper corners in and fold over one edge over the other.
- Wet remaining untucked top corner and roll over.
- Repeat the process with spring roll and another wrapper so that it is crispy when toasted. This is optional but is highly recommended as it prevents the spring rolls from falling apart or getting soggy.
- Should make around 16-18 spring rolls. You can make ahead of time and keep in the freezer until ready to toast.
The best way to cook these spring rolls is in a non stick frying pan with on low to medium heat with a light drizzle of oil or you can bake in oven on 200 C/400 F until toasted. Don’t bake too long as the cheese has a tendency to leak out, so be watchful!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Appetizer/Starter, Snack
- Method: Baking/frying
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: Spring rolls, bacon, cheese, party food, green chili
Recipes for those who love all things bacon:
Garlic Chicken and Bacon Puff Pastry Triangles
Bacon and Kimchi Pajeon (Savoury Korean Pancake)
Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sushi Rolls with Wasabi Mayo