Basil Pesto, fresh tomato, bacon and cheese wrapped around puff pastry. Perfect for a breakfast on the go or an impressive addition to brunch. #pastry #bacon #cheese #pesto #breakfast
Puff pastry divided into squares (3x3in/8x8cm)
Bacon strips (cut in half)
Slices of your favorite cheese (preferably cheddar)
Pesto sauce (whichever is your favorite)
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Take puff pastry sheets out of the freezer and let defrost slightly just so that they are soft enough to work with but not too soft that they fall apart. If using large puff pastry sheets, cut dough into squares about 3 x 3 in/8 x 8 cm.
- Take your square and fold it over diagonally, making a triangle. Starting from the base, make a cut 1 cm in from the edge of the triangle, stopping 1 cm from the tip. Repeat on the other side.
- Unfold the pastry and place it on its axis with flaps on the side.
- In the center, place a dollop of pesto, then tomato, a slice of bacon and top with a bit of cheese.
- Fold the pastry flaps over each other.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the oven on the center rack for 15-20 minutes until bacon is cooked and pastry is golden brown.
- Category: Pastry, Breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: Breakfast, pastry, bacon, cheese, pesto