These crispy spring rolls are stuffed with salty bacon, creamy brie and spicy green chili. They’re great for entertaining and snacking. #springrolls #bacon #cheese #spicyrecipes #easyentertaining
- 36–40 Spring roll wrappers (125 x125 mm/5 in x 5 in)
- 9 slices of bacon (cut in half)
- 125 g/4.5 oz brie (cut into 3 cm length, 0.5 cm in width)
- 198 g/7 oz can of chopped green chilis
- water (a small bowl)
- oil for light frying
- Carefully peel the spring roll wrappers from one another and place on a dry and even surface.
- Lightly sprinkle the wrappers with water using the tips of your fingertips.
- In the bottom corner of the wrapper, place bacon diagonally, followed by a slice of brie atop and lastly a teaspoon of chopped green chiles on top.
- Fold wrapper corner up onto mixture and roll over.
- Tuck the wrapper corners in and fold over one edge over the other.
- Wet remaining untucked top corner and roll over.
- Repeat the process with spring roll and another wrapper so that it is crispy when toasted. This is optional but is highly recommended as it prevents the spring rolls from falling apart or getting soggy.
- Should make around 16-18 spring rolls. You can make ahead of time and keep in freezer until ready to toast.
- Category: Appetizer/Starter, Snack
- Method: Baking/frying
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: Spring rolls, bacon, cheese, party food, green chili