Tender rice noodles tossed in a sweet soy and chili sauce with wok fried tofu and mushrooms. It’s deliciously vegan and satisfying. #vegan #vegetarianrecipes #noodles #asianrecipes #tofustirfry #mushrooms
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 200 g/7 oz firm tofu
- 2–3 king oyster mushrooms
- 1 tbsp salty soy sauce
- 3 Scallions (white parts divided from green shoots)
- 150 g/5.5 oz Rice noodles
- 1–2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Chinese chile oil
- crushed peanuts for garnish (optional)
- Using a damp cloth, clean the mushrooms and cut lengthwise into thin strips and then in half making 1in/2cm chunks.
- Cut tofu into a similar size to match.
- Toss together chopped tofu and mushrooms in a bowl with 1 tbsp salty soy sauce, chopped ginger and chopped garlic.
- Set aside and let marinate for 15-30 min.
- Meanwhile, boil rice noodles for 2-3 min, then immediately drain to prevent it from overcooking and becoming mushy.
- Combine sweet soy sauce, rice vinegar and chile oil together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add white scallions and stir fry for a minute.
- Then add tofu and mushroom mix and stir-fry until tofu is crispy and mushrooms are soft (about 3-5 min).
- Add green parts of the scallions and fry for a minute before adding the drained rice noodles and sauce mix.
- Toss to combine and top with crushed peanuts for an added crunch.
- Category: Vegetarian/Vegan
- Method: Stir-fry
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Rice Noodles, stir-fry, noodle, vegan, vegetarian, mushrooms, tofu