Smashed cucumber with garlic, sesame oil and Chinese black vinegar. Serve this authentic Chinese cucumber salad with dumplings for a tasty meal. #chinesefoodrecipes #salad #cucumber #healthy #recipe
- 2–3 small /medium-sized cucumbers
- 2–3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese black vinegar or rice vinegar (whichever you have handy)
- sea salt
- Wash and dry the cucumbers.
- Take a rolling pin and roll it over the cucumbers, smashing them in the process.
- Roughly chop then up with a knife into bite-sized pieces then transfer to a bowl.
- Top with minced garlic, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- Toss to combine and season with sea salt to taste.
- Category: Vegetables, salad
- Method: Salad
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Chinese, cucumber, salad, garlic, sesame oil