This is a tasty vegetable side dish of cabbage cooked with fresh thyme and red wine. Easy to make, easy to prepare, and quick to cook. #easysidedish #healthyrecipes #vegetablerecipes #quickrecipes
- 1 medium sized head of red cabbage
- 1 cup (~240 ml) red wine
- 2–3 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- A small handful of fresh thyme
- Wash and peel away any undesirable outer leaves. Cut cabbage into quarters and remove the core.
- Cut cabbage into 1 cm/0.5 in strips.
- In a large wok or frying pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant being careful not to burn the garlic (usually 1-2 min).
- Add wine, increase heat and bring to a gentle boil. Let boil for 2-3 minutes until alcohol is cooked off and mixture has reduced slightly.
- Add chopped cabbage and cook on high heat for 3-5 minutes or until cabbage is cooked to a point where it is crisp but not too soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Vegetable, Side
- Method: pan fried
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: cabbage, red wine, thyme, easy side dish