Cheesy and gooey with just a touch of spice, these Indian cheese fritters are great as a starter, party food or decadent snack. #vegetarianrecipes #cheese #pancakes #easyentertaining #spicyrecipes #appetizer
- 2 cups/250 g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup/128 g flour
- 1 green chile (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp scallions (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 cup/245 g plain yogurt
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 medium tomato
- 1–2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 scallions
- 2–3 red birds eye chilies (depends on your tolerance for spice)
- 1–2 tsp madras curry powder (depends on your tolerance for spice)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, black pepper and spices and mix well.
- Add chopped green chilis and scallions and toss to combine.
- Add grated cheddar cheese and mix well so as to incorporate the cheese with the flour.
- Lastly, combine yogurt with the cheese and flour mix and thoroughly combine. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. The dough should be wet and a little sticky.
- Heat a splash of oil in a non-stick frying pan or skillet over low/medium heat.
- Add a tablespoon of the batter to the pan one at a time and cook until golden on each side.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with tomato chutney or cucumber salsa.
- Chop cucumber, tomato, scallions and birds eye chiles and mix together.
- Add lemon juice and curry powder and mix together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: starter, vegetarian
- Method: pan frying
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: cheese, pancakes, masala, spicy, vegetarian, appetizer, Indian cheese fritters, cheese fritters