John Dory poached in a slightly spicy tomato and white wine broth then topped with fresh cilantro and a drizzle of lemon. #fish #healthyrecipes #dinner
- 2–3 John Dory fillets (boneless)
- 3–4 medium red chilies (whichever is available and is your favorite)
- 2–3 medium sized tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups water (a little under 500 ml)
- ½ cup white wine (120 ml)
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- fresh cilantro
- Roughly cut up the tomatoes, garlic cloves and red chilies (with the stems removed).
- Drizzle tomatoes, garlic and chilies with 2 tbsp melted butter and roast in the oven at 220C/450F for about 20 min.
- Once cooled, blend the roasted chilies, tomatoes and garlic together in a food processor or blender with 2 cups of water.
- Transfer to a large saucepan and heat over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then add 1/2 cup white wine. Continue cooking until alcohol has cooked off and mixture has reduced by half.
- Once reduced, season with salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.
- Add dory fillets and spoon sauce over the fish until completely submerged.
- Poach on a medium simmer in the sauce for 8-10 minutes or until fish is firm and flaky. Top with chopped cilantro and drizzle fresh lemon juice on top.
- Category: Fish
- Method: Roasting/Poaching
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: John Dory, fish, spicy, Mexican