These crispy chicken nuggets are made from all natural ingredients and with no sugar added. Kid food you want to steal for yourself. #chicken #chickennuggets #healthyrecipes #kidfood
- 400 g/14 oz ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- 6 tbsp glutinous rice flour (or 50/50 mixture of cornstarch and flour)
- 105 ml/ 3.5 oz water
- pinch of ground sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, chopped fresh thyme leaves, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt and a sprinkling of cracked pepper together and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, mix together glutinous rice flour and spices then whisk in water to form a light batter. Mixture should be fluid but thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Using your hands, form 1 inch/2 cm sized patties. If you are having trouble with chicken mixture sticking to you, try wetting your hands slightly or chilling the meat mixture in the freezer for 5 min.
- Dip chicken patty into coating mixture.
- Shake off excess batter and fry in a light layer of oil a non-stick frying pan over medium/medium high heat until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Evenly space them in the frying pan as they have a tendency to stick together.
- Transfer to plate lined with paper towels to soak up excess oil (there shouldn’t be too much), then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: pan frying/baking
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: Chicken Nuggets, chicken, healthy recipe, kid food