Chicken roasted in ginger, garlic and butter then tossed in a creamy cilantro and green chili sauce. Perfect if you are craving curry and are in a hurry! #chicken #easymeals #healthy #easydinners #curry
2 chicken breasts
200 g (7 oz) of cilantro (coriander)
5–6 cloves of garlic
5–6 cm (2–2.5 in) of ginger
1–2 green chilies (again, this depends on spice preference)
A sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper
sea salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp)
2 tbsp butter (melted)
2 tbsp plain, non-sweetened yogurt
120 ml/4 oz of chicken broth
Garam masala powder
- Preheat oven to 220C/450F.
- Peel ginger and garlic and puree it together in a food processor or blender to form a paste.
- Cut chicken breast into bite-sized chunks about 1 in/ 2 cm cubed. Toss with melted butter, ginger garlic paste, salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven at 220C/450F for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, wash and dry coriander. Coarsely chop and put in a blender along with green chili to form a puree. Add a little water if you are having trouble blending the mixture.
- Over medium heat, add coriander chili puree to a non-stick frying pan. Add chicken broth, mix until it combines and then cook.
- When coriander has darkened, most of the water has evaporated and the consistency has changed to a creamier texture, add 2 heaping tablespoons on yogurt.
- Stir together coriander mix with yogurt and cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the roasted chicken along with any juices leftover from the roasting pan. Gently mix the curry mixture over the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add a sprinkling of garam masala and mix in the spice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. You will need anywhere from 1/2 tsp -1 tsp of sea salt. Start off with small amounts of salt and work your way up until curry is seasoned to your liking.
- Serve with Basmati rice and a veg. Enjoy!
You can use any part of the chicken to make this-chicken breasts, drumsticks, thighs, you name it. However, if you are in a hurry, just stick to cutting up some chicken breasts and throwing them in the oven with some ginger, garlic and butter
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Main
- Method: Roasting, Simmering
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: easy chicken curry, cilantro, coriander, Indian, ginger, garlic, yogurt,