A Chinese stir-fry dish of juicy pork belly, chili peppers and onion cooked together in a salty black bean sauce. You’ll never want to eat anything else. #chinesefoodrecipes #pork #stirfry #spicyrecipes
- 300–400 g (10.5-14 oz) Pork Belly
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 6–7 long mild red chilis (chopped)
- 6–7 long mild green chilis (chopped)
- 2 tbsp garlic (sliced)
- 2 tbsp ginger (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tbsp Chinese black bean sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1–2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in large wok over high heat. Don’t add too much oil as the pork belly fat will render thereby increasing the amount of oil in the stir-fry.
- Add whole pork belly fat or skin side down into hot oil.
- Cook on that one side until crisp (about 5 min) then flip pork belly and cook on the opposite side for 1-2 min, lightly searing it.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- When cool, cut pork belly into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, mix together black bean sauce, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Set aside.
- In the remaining wok with the remaining oil, add garlic and ginger slices and cook over medium heat. Let cook until fragrant (2-3 min), making sure that the oil has picked up the flavor of the ginger and garlic but isn’t burnt.
- Increase heat to highest setting and add sliced pork belly. Continue cooking until meat is thoroughly cooked and is beginning to pick up a crisp brown color.
- When pork is thoroughly cooked, add chopped chilis and onions. Cook on high heat until veg begins to slightly soften (should be around 2-3 min)
- Add black bean sauce mix, toss to combine and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve with steamed rice.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Stir frying
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Pork Belly, stir-fry, pork, Chinese black bean sauce, spicy recipes